We are busy planning a number of trips, the next one will be to Rocky, Zabarged and Saint Johns in the deep south. This trip is scheduled for: July 29 to August 5 from Port Ghalib (near Marsa Alam).
This trip is organized in cooperation with VooDoo Divers, Red Sea, Egypt.
Rocky, Zabargad & Saint Johns
Egypt’s Red Sea offers some of the best diving in the world. On this tour we descend as deep as possible to the south and do a few dives along the way on the first day. On day two we visit Rocky and Zabargad, two islands far out at sea that are known for their deep sloping walls that are completely overgrown with beautiful hard and soft corals. Because this is deeper water and in general hardly any ships come here, diving here is fantastic. The current not only brings food for the reef, but also brings fantastic life. Turtles, Napoleons, Baracuda and if we are lucky a Gray reef shark or maybe even a Silky or Hammerhead. After a day of diving on these islands (including a night dive) we head for Saint Johns. This is the southernmost diving area in the Egyptian Red Sea and is known for a variety of reef structures. From a forest of pillars on Umm Aruk, caves and lagoons on Paradise and the beautiful caves of Saint Johns Caves. All caves are at a maximum depth of 10-12 meters and they are open at the top, so that beautiful beams of the sun dance under the water. No special certification is needed to dive these caves.
are there we will go snorkelling with them. Other beautiful places in this area are Malahi, Maksoer, Claudio, Stairway-to-heaven and many more super places to make a dive. Because there are so many beautiful spots, unfortunately we cannot do them all, but we will plan our dives depending on the current, wind and whatever other boats are doing, as we try to avoid the crowds.
Near Marsa Alam we have the opportunity to dive on the world famous reef of Elphinstone and we can make a stop at Marsa Shouna to dive with large turtles.
This trip offers up to 4 dives per day, including night diving. And most dives go to a maximum of 30 meters and we recommend that you are an Advanced diver or that you take this course on board.
- Dates: 29 Juli – August 5 2023, from 16:00 on arrival day until 10:00 on departure day.
- Duration: 8 days/7 nights, including 6 days of diving
- Port: Port Ghalib (Marsa Alam)
- Travel area: Zabargad Island, Rocky Island, Saint Johns with Paradise, Big Gota, Saint Johns Caves, Sataya, Elphinstone and Marsa Shouna
- Number of dives: 18
- Maximum diving depth: 30 meters
- Current: Depending on the current we can make drift dives. As a rule, the current during the dives on this trip is not too bad, although it is useful if you are comfortable in a current.
- Dive equipment: You will need full equipment, including a suit, dive computer for each diver, Torch for night diving and an SMB. Rental equipment is available at request.
Tour Reefs & wrecks: starting from
OUR HOME for the week
meet MV Marsilia star
The Marselia Star safari boat was built in Alexandria in 2015. A comfortable steel ship with a length of 40 meters and a width of 8.5 meters ensures the comfort of traveling, diving and living. Because she is a steel ship she is heavy and travelling much more comfortable in comparison to most liveaboards who are wooden build.
The boat offers space for 28 divers in 14 cabins, all of which are equipped with a private bathroom, air conditioning and a refrigerator. There are no cabins next to the engine room, assuring for a good night sleep. As the dining room and galley are below deck, there are 10 cabins on the main and upper decks with large windows for more light. Two lounges and two sun decks invite you to relax between dives, all equipped with couches and sun loungers.
There are 15 cabins on the boat, spread over 3 decks. Including 4 on the lower deck (not next to the engine room), 8 on the main deck and 2 on the sun deck. All cabins are equipped with a private bathroom, air conditioning and a refrigerator.
The perfect place to relax between dives are two sun decks, equipped with deckchairs, poufs and benches. There is also a bar with cold drinks and a coffee machine. The high deck provides shelter from the wind, even on windy days.
The crew consists of ten people. They are skilled professional sailors who have spent most of their lives working at sea. Thanks to them, we can ensure an optimal level of comfort and safety. The crew consists of: captain, cook, assistant cook, 2 stewards, mechanic, deputy mechanic and 3 sailors. During each safari you are accompanied by dive guides
- Boat Rating: ★★★★
- Year built 2015
- Number of people: 28 guests+ 3-4 guides
- Capacity Up to 30 divers at 11 double rooms and 4 suites. All cabins contain the bathroom, air-condition, mini-bar, towels and warm blanket 3 covered areas, 2 saloons and 1 restaurant at sea level
- Length: 40 m, width 8.5 m
Included: VAT, fuel surcharge, port fees, airport or hotel transfer (within Hurghada), drinking water, soft drinks, Tea & Coffee, full-board meal plan (All meals), snacks, special dinner, diving package, extra dives, 12 L, cabin towels, deck towels, WiFi. Nitrox all week (Euro) & Marine Park fees (60 euro paid local)
Extras: Dive insurance, travel Insurance, visas, gratuities/tipping (100 Euro a person).
Optional Extras: flights, alcoholic beverages, courses, private dive guide, rental gear (BCD, regulator, suit, mask & fins for 100 euro), private transfer.
Nitrox course for only 50 Euro
* If pre-booked and done on the first day of diving of your trip. Excluding materials and certification fees and book together with your trip booking request.